|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These 7 layer cookie bars are made with seven amazing layers. Buttery graham crackers form the crust, topped with chocolate and butterscotch chips, then coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and chopped pecans.
Don't wait for the holidays to enjoy these incredible cookies!
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (6 ounces) butterscotch chips or more chocolate chips
- 1 small can (3 1/2 ounces) shredded coconut ( about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
Put the butter in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and put it in the oven until the butter has melted.
Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter.
Spread the chocolate chips over the graham cracker crumbs then add a layer of butterscotch chips.
Sprinkle coconut over the butterscotch chips layer.
Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
Sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
Cool the bars in the pan and then cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Tips and Variations
Use more chocolate chips or white chocolate chips instead of butterscotch chips.
Replace the chocolate or butterscotch chips with toffee chips.
Toast the pecans before using them. To toast, put the chopped pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring and turning until they are lightly browned and aromatic.