|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Aaloo Ka Bharta or seasoned, mashed potato Indian-style has its home in the state of Bihar in North India. Serve it with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) topped with ghee.
- 5 large potatoes (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola or sunflower oil)
- 1 large onion (chopped very fine)
- 8 to 10 cloves garlic (chopped very fine)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 piece ginger (1 inch, grated)
- 3 dry red chilliessalt to taste
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- Garnish: chopped coriander leaves
Put the mashed potato in a large bowl and keep aside.
Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds to it. When the seeds stop spluttering, add the onion, ginger, and garlic and fry till soft.
Add this to the mashed potato.
Roast the dry red chilies till they begin to release their aroma. Crush coarsely and sprinkle over the potato.
Pour the mustard oil over the potato and now mix all the ingredients to blend well.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) topped with ghee.