Made with all the same spices that go into a pickle, this delicious dish goes well with chapatis (Indian flatbread), parathas (fried Indian flatbread) or naans (flatbread made in a tandoor or oven).
- Chicken pieces (any pieces of your choice) skin removed
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon aniseed/fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 green chilies
- 2 large onions sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurtJuice of 1 lime/lemon
- Salt to taste
- 3 teaspoons vegetable/canola/sunflower oil
- Mix the onion, fennel, cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt together in a bowl. Take out about 3 teaspoons in another small bowl and mix with the lime juice.
- Wash, pat dry and slit the green chilies and remove the seeds. Fill the chilies with the spice and lime juice mix and keep aside.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the remaining spice mix. Allow to splutter and then add the onions and fry till golden.
- Add the chicken and fry till sealed.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
- Whisk the yogurt to make it smooth and add it to the chicken. Stir well.
- Add salt to taste, stir well. Put the stuffed green chilies on top of the chicken and cover the dish.
- Cook till the chicken is done.
- Serve with hot Chapatis, Parathas or Naans (different types of Indian flatbread).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)