You should be able to find achiote paste in most grocery stores. This marinade works well on all cuts of beef.
- 1 cup/240 mL red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL achiote paste
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Combine all ingredients.
Store in an airtight glass or plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation.
To use, place beef in a resealable plastic bag, pour mixture over top, seal bag, place in refrigerator and allow meat to marinate fro 6 to 24 hours.