- 1 1/2 pounds/700 g boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup/120 mL red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL melted butter
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons/45 mL chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (about 3 chiles)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL brown sugar
Cut pork loin into 1 inch cubes. Combine vinegar, cilantro, oregano, chiles, garlic, and brown sugar in a blender or food processor. Start blending and pour in olive oil and melted butter slowly until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup of marinade and pour the rest into a zip-top bag. Add pork cubes and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Preheat grill for a medium high heat. Thread pork onto skewers and place on hot grill.
Grill for about 12 to 15 minutes (look for an internal temperature of 160 degrees F/70 degrees C), turn occasionally and brush with reserved marinade. Remove from grill and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|