|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||69%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This simple pork kebab uses pork loin, a less expensive cut than pork tenderloin but with a powerful marinade it is just and tender and loaded with flavor. This is one of those recipes you can put together in the morning and grill up hot and fast at dinner time.
- 1 1/2 pounds/700 g boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup/120 mL red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL melted butter
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons/45 mL chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (about 3 chiles)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL brown sugar
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cut pork loin into 1 inch cubes. Combine vinegar, cilantro, oregano, chiles, garlic, and brown sugar in a blender or food processor. Start blending and pour in olive oil and melted butter slowly until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup of marinade and pour the rest into a zip-top bag. Add pork cubes and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for a medium high heat. Thread pork onto skewers and place on hot grill. Grill for about 12 to 15 minutes (look for an internal temperature of 160 degrees F/70 degrees C), turn occasionally and brush with reserved marinade. Remove from grill and serve.