Sweet and spicy air fryer Brussels sprouts are crispy, addictive, and healthier than the deep-fried versions. They’re the perfect side for pork chops, steak, chicken, and even a Thanksgiving turkey. Tossed with chili garlic paste and honey, you’ll love these sprouts if you enjoy sweet and spicy flavor combos. They have a hint of Asian flavor, but pair well with all kinds of dishes.
Cooking them in the air fryer gets them super crispy with minimal oil, less time, and less mess. It won’t take up room in your oven if you’re making a large meal like Thanksgiving and it won’t heat up your kitchen if you’re cooking in the summertime. Plus, these sprouts are beautifully brown and crispy without all of the fat and hassle of deep-frying.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (halved)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Garnish: Sesame seeds
Gather the ingredients.
Toss the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until the sprouts are nicely coated.
Place the Brussels sprouts into the basket of your air fryer. They do not need to be in one layer. If you want them extra crispy you can put them in one layer and cook them in batches. Turn your air fryer to 390 F for 18 minutes. Pause half way and shake the Brussels sprouts. Return to the air fryer and finish roasting.
While the Brussels sprouts are cooking, whisk together the garlic chili paste, honey and two tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for one minute or until the sauce is hot.
Take the air fryer basket out and place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Toss with the sauce while hot.
Add the Brussels sprouts to a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately for the crispiest results.
You can change up the sauces and seasonings in this recipe. Keep the base of olive oil, salt, and pepper and air fry. Then toss it with your favorite flavors:
- Garlic balsamic Brussels sprouts: Mince a clove of garlic and toss with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and one tablespoon of honey.
- Parmesan and breadcrumb Brussels sprouts: Combine 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs for a salty crunch.
- Chili lime honey Brussels sprouts: Toss together 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce with a tablespoon of lime juice and a teaspoon of honey.
You can also serve the air fried Brussels sprouts with a side of homemade garlic aioli and skip the other sauce.
- If you are looking to omit as much oil as possible, simply spray the Brussels sprouts with a coating of nonstick cooking spray.