|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||59%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Air fryer burgers are juicy and delicious, and you'll be surprised at how fast and easy it is to prepare and cook them. There's very little mess since the air fryer basket is a breeze to clean. All you have to do is mix the burgers with seasonings, shape them, and arrange them in the preheated air fryer. Your burgers will be cooked to perfection in no more than 10 minutes!
A pound and a half of ground beef will yield four 6-ounce burger patties which will shrink to roughly 4 1/2 ounces when cooked. The shredded cheese is optional, but it does add to the flavor and texture. Feel free to use two pounds of ground beef for larger burgers and increase the seasonings slightly. Add your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and condiments, and serve the burgers with French fries, a salad, or potato chips. Other great options for sides include coleslaw, cowboy beans, and corn on the cob.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80/20)
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 slices cheese
4 medium sandwich buns (toasted if desired)
Gather the ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with the shredded cheese (if using) along with the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Use your hands to mix until just until well blended.
Use a burger press or your hands to shape the meat mixture into 4 burgers (about 6 to 6 1/2 ounces each). Press a thumb into the center, making an indentation. This will help the patties to cook evenly and keep them from swelling in the center.
If you won't be cooking them right away, arrange them on a baking sheet or place them in a container, separated by sheets of wax paper or parchment paper. Refrigerate the patties until it's time to cook (up to 2 hours).
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F. Place 2 patties (or 4 patties, if your air fryer is large enough) in the air fryer.
Turn the heat down to 375 F and cook the burgers for 9 to 10 minutes, turning after about 6 minutes. The minimum safe temperature for ground meat is 160 F.
If desired, top each burger with a slice of cheese and continue to cook for about 30 to 60 seconds longer, or just until the cheese is melted.
Assemble the burgers on the buns with your favorite sauce and toppings and enjoy!
How To Store and Freeze
- Refrigerate leftover burgers in airtight containers or food storage bags for up to 4 days. Reheat leftover burgers to 165 F in the oven, on the stovetop, in the air fryer, or microwave.
- To freeze leftover burgers, wrap the patties in foil and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 4 months. Reheat burgers from frozen until they register at least 165 on a food thermometer.
- When turning the burgers, don't press them with the spatula or you'll lose all of those tasty juices.
- When the burgers are done, tent them with foil and let them rest for 5 minutes. The resting period allows the proteins to relax and absorb more of the juices.
- For uniform burger patties, weigh the meat before shaping or use an ice cream scoop or measuring cup to scoop up equal portions of the meat mixture.
- If you're shaping the burgers with your hands, moisten them with some water to keep the meat from sticking.
- Preheating the air fryer ensures a good sear on the surface of the patties.
- Because of shrinkage, make the burgers approximately 1/2-inch larger than the hamburger bun.
- For a smoky flavor, add about 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke or about 1/3 cup of finely chopped, crisp-cooked bacon. Or add 1 1/2 teaspoons of smoked paprika to the burger mixture.
- Add a bit of heat with a few minced jalapeño peppers.
- Replace the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder with 1 tablespoon of your favorite burger seasoning.
- Extend your ground beef by adding a filler, such as breadcrumbs or cooked rice, beans, or lentils. Add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup per pound of ground beef.
- To add nutrients, add some minced leftover vegetables to the meat mixture.
Can You Cook Frozen Burger Patties In the Air Fryer?
You can absolutely air fry frozen burger patties, and it is so convenient! Make sure the air fryer is preheated and then add about 2 to 3 minutes to the total time. The minimum safe temperature for ground beef is 160 F (165 F for ground poultry). When freezing raw burger patties, make sure to separate them with sheets of wax paper or parchment paper to keep them from sticking together.