|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Total Carbohydrate 71g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|Total Sugars 18g|
|Vitamin C 2mg||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Air fryer chicken tenders are crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside, and full of flavor. These chicken breast tenders are marinated in pickle juice to help lock in moisture and provide a ton of flavor.
We dredged the chicken in seasoned flour and an egg mixture, but left out the breadcrumbs. You can add in breadcrumbs for even more crunch if you wish.
The chicken tenders are super easy to prepare and only require a few ingredients, most of which are already in your pantry. For equipment, all you need is an air fryer and a few bowls. There’s very little chopping involved and because you’re air frying, which also means no messy splatters or grease. They reheat nicely in the oven or for a few minutes in the air fryer. You can make numerous chicken recipes in an air-fryer with ease.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch wide strips)
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Gather the ingredients.
Add the chicken tender pieces to a bowl or plastic bag. Pour the dill pickle juice over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours. Do not marinate overnight.
Whisk together the egg, milk, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a shallow bowl.
Whisk together the flour, powdered sugar, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt in a shallow bowl.
Drain the chicken tenders and dip them into the dry mixture. Shake off the excess flour.
Dip them into the egg mixture. Coat each tender completely.
Dip them into the dry mixture again. Shake off the excess flour. Make sure to completely coat with flour. You don't want any wet spots. This will cause the tenders to stick to the air fryer basket.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F.
Grease the basket of the air fryer with olive oil generously to prevent sticking. Add a single layer of the tenders and spray them with olive oil spray.
Fry for 15 minutes. Pause half way through and flip the tenders. Spray them again with the olive oil spray and finish cooking.
Repeat with remaining chicken tenders. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- We went heavy on the ground black pepper. It provides a lot of flavor to the breading, which is important since they are not fried in oil.
- Serve with homemade honey mustard, ranch, or barbecue sauce. Or go crazy and combine all three.
- If you want to add even more crunch, dip the tenders in some panko breadcrumbs after dipping them in the egg mixture. You can also season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper for extra flavor.