|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Make up a small batch of buttery cornbread right in your air fryer in thirty minutes with this easy air fryer cornbread recipe. The result is a warm, moist bread that has a crisp crust. You don’t have to heat up the whole oven and it's a great option when you only need a small portion. This makes a mini batch of cornbread that is perfect for two to four people.
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Gather the ingredients. Preheat the air fryer to 365 F for 8 minutes. Heavily grease a small, 4 to 5-inch cake pan with butter.
Whisk the buttermilk, brown sugar, melted butter, honey, and egg in a measuring cup until the honey and sugar are well incorporated into the milk and egg.
Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture with a whisk or spatula until the dry ingredients are just moistened. It is okay to have a few lumps but make sure you don't have any pockets of dry ingredients.
Add the batter to the baking pan and place the pan into the air fryer. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center comes out clean when pricked with a toothpick.
The top will be quite browned—this is ok, and it can be cut off if you prefer not to have it that dark.
Use a knife to loosen the edges from the pan and flip the cornbread onto a plate. Let cool for about 10 minutes and serve warm.
- You can make this gluten-free by substituting gluten-free flour for the regular all-purpose flour.
- You can make this vegan by substituting dairy-free milk and plant-based butter.
- There are tons of ways to change up this recipe. Try adding these tasty add-ins (or a combination of more than one):
- 1/4 cup creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons canned diced chiles
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeños
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon crumbles
- Add another tablespoon of honey for an extra sweet cornbread
- Double-check that your pan will fit inside of your air fryer. Use a thinner baking pan as the air fryer cannot penetrate a thicker pan as well. Using a non-stick baking pan works well because the cornbread can stick if the pan is not greased enough.
- Make sure to use a lot of butter or cooking spray to coat the pan before you air fry.
What Kind of Pan Can You Use in an Air Fryer?
Any pans that are oven-safe will work in an air fryer. This includes oven-safe metal, nonstick, glass, cast-iron, and ceramic pans. Make sure your pan will fit inside the air fryer basic before using.
How Do You Reheat Cornbread in an Air Fryer?
To reheat cornbread in the air fryer, preheat to 320 F and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until warmed through and crisped.