The ultimate way to cook hotdogs is in the air fryer! It’s fast, easy, and mess free. No grill to heat up, water to boil, or splattering in a pan. Just toss them in the air fryer for five minutes and you’ve got the perfect snappy hot dogs. You don’t need to add any oil. These make for the perfect simple, easy dinner. It’s cooked quickly and is inexpensive.
You can make multiple hot dogs at a time and can even toast them inside a bun. You can also prepare frozen hot dogs in the air fryer using instructions below.
You’ll love preparing these in the middle of winter when you’re looking for a taste of summer, but can’t fire up the grill. Serve alongside your favorite picnic sides like potato salad, baked beans, and corn on the cob.
- 4 natural casing hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- Optional toppings: ketchup, mustard, relish, chopped onions
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat your air fryer to 375 F. Add the hot dogs to the basked of your air fryer in one even layer.
If you are doing more than 4 hot dogs you can squeeze them in. Just make sure to turn half way through cooking.
Place the insert in the air fryer and air fry for five minutes. You can shake the basket to turn the hot dogs half way through cooking.
If you like your buns to be toasted, then add the hot dogs to the buns and add them back into the air fryer for another 2 minutes. This gives the buns a little crisp and won’t overcook the hot dogs.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy immediately.
Preparing them from frozen.
How to Cook Frozen Hot Dogs
Cut about 8 slits into the hotdogs crosswise.
Place them into the air fryer and air fry for 5 minutes.
Shake them and then cook for another 5 minutes or until hot and crisp.
- You can toast the buns in a pan or serve them without being toasted. Top the hot dogs with any of your favorite toppings like ketchup, relish, mustard, chopped onions, cheese, or anything you like.
- We like using natural casing hot dogs for a nice snap, but you can use any kind of hot dog you like, including vegetarian ones.
- If you are looking for a cheesy hot dog you can add a slice of cheese on top of the dog after placing it in the bun, then pop it in the air fryer again.
- You can cut slices crosswise in the hotdogs if you wish. This can prevent them from bursting, but it is not a necessary step.