Air fryer pork chops are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside and they could not be easier to make. Just dip them in a simple breadcrumb mixture and place them in the air fryer. Your healthy, low-calorie main dish is ready in 15 minutes and, most importantly, it's delicious.
If you enjoy fried pork cutlets or chicken cutlets, you’ll love these pork chops. Using the air fryer means lower fat, less grease, and no standing over a sizzling frying pan. These cutlets go perfectly with a simple side of broccoli or Brussels sprouts or you can serve them alongside mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. You can even serve them on top of creamy alfredo pasta for a filling meal.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you can cook three to four pork chops at a time. If you can’t cook all four at one time, then you can keep two warm in the oven while the others are cooking.
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Gather the ingredients.
Toss the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish like a pie pan.
Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Brush both sides of each pork chop with the olive oil.
Dip each of the pork chops into the breadcrumb mixture and coat both sides.
Add the pork chops to the basket of the air fryer in a single layer. Do not let them overlap.
Place in the air fryer and cook at 400 F for 15 minutes. Pause halfway through and flip the pork chops.
Remove the pork chops from the air fryer and serve with your favorite greens and starch.
- Be careful to not let the pork chops overlap in the air fryer. This will make the pork chops soggy instead of crispy.
- These pork chops are also great as a sandwich. Serve them with greens and garlic aioli on a nice hearty roll.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mixture for spicy, crispy pork chops.
- You can use bone-in pork chops if you wish. The cook time will need to be longer. Make sure the internal temperature is at least 160 F when finished cooking. Bone-in pork chops might need to be cooked batches since they are larger.
- The crispy chops are tasty topped with sauce. Serve them alongside rice or mashed potatoes and gravy, or even pasta and tomato sauce.
- Replace the pork with boneless, skinless chicken breasts.