These roasted potatoes are a breeze to throw together and cook in an air fryer. The air fryer does an excellent job of roasting the potatoes with less oil than you would use for conventional oven-roasted vegetables. Plus, the potatoes are done in just 20 minutes with a quick toss halfway through the cooking time.
The potatoes come out of the air fryer browned and crispy while still moist and fluffy in the center. Baby potatoes (or creamer potatoes) need very little preparation. Just cut them in half—or quarter them if they're a bit large—and toss them with the seasonings.
A combination of garlic powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning flavors the potatoes perfectly. Feel free to replace the Italian seasoning with another herb blend, or use 1/4 teaspoon each of oregano, rosemary, thyme, and basil.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes (or creamer potatoes, washed, dried, and halved)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- Optional: Fresh parsley (chopped, for garnish)
- Optional: Parmesan cheese (grated, for garnish)
Gather the ingredients.
Set the air fryer to 400 F and preheat for at least 3 minutes. Put the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Add the Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes with the seasonings.
Turn the seasoned potatoes into the air fryer basket. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Remove the basket and shake it to turn the potatoes. Return the basket to the fryer and set the timer for 10 more minutes.
Remove the potatoes and adjust the seasonings, as needed.
Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley or Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Hot, soapy water is all you need to clean the air fryer basket. For even easier cleanup, spray the basket lightly with cooking oil spray.
You might want to use your favorite herb blend or experiment with different seasonings. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Potatoes: Omit the Italian seasoning and add 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder to the potatoes along with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cajun-Seasoned Roasted Potatoes: Replace all seasonings with 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. If the Cajun seasoning does not contain salt, add 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes: Omit the Italian seasoning and paprika and use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder along with the salt and pepper.
- Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Potatoes: Omit the paprika and Italian seasoning and use 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary along with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and the salt and pepper.