An almond lover's delight, little quick bread loaves are loaded with almonds, almond paste, and amaretto almond liqueur. Almond paste is usually found in the baking aisle at your local market. These little loaves make great gifts from the kitchen.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur, plus additional for brushing
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces almond paste, at room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced and blanched
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter and flour.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine amaretto and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and almond paste together.
- Beat in sugar a little at a time.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Add flour to the butter mixture a third at a time, alternating with amaretto milk, and ending with flour.
- Beat just until mixed.
- Fill mini-loaf pans three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove amaretto almond loaves from pans and cool on racks to room temperature.
- Brush with additional amaretto, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|