Monajean's cookies are made with a mixture of vanilla and almond extract, along with coarsely chopped almonds. These are nice cookies to bake for Christmas parties or holiday guests.
Only 6 ingredients go into these delicious little crescent cookies. The cookies are cooled and then rolled in sifted powdered sugar.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, 11 3/4 ounces
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and 2/3 cup of the powdered sugar until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts, then add the chopped almonds. Stir in the flour and salt until the dough is thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each half into log 1 inch thick in diameter. Cut each log into 3/4-inch pieces, and roll each piece into a cylinder 2 inches long.
- Place the cookies1 to 2 inches apart on baking sheets and form into crescents — or half-moon shapes.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool then roll in sifted powdered sugar.
Makes 3 to 4 Dozen Cookies
Shared on our forum by Monajean.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|