|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 79g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|Total Sugars 66g|
|Vitamin C 239mg||1,196%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Fruity and creamy, the Amarula & Eve is a delicious cocktail that can serve as a dessert or a mood-setting drink for romantic occasions. The recipe features Amarula Cream, a South African cream liqueur flavored with the fruit of the marula tree. Most people compare it to Irish cream, but with a fruity twist, and it is a delight to drink.
The nice part about the Amarula & Eve is that it is not overly creamy or sweet. The Amarula itself is nicely balanced against the cocktail's fruit flavors, especially the lychee. You'll also love that this drink mixes up quickly, so you can get on with your dinner.
1/2 ounce citrus vodka
1 1/2 ounces Amarula Cream
2 1/2 ounces lychee juice
3/4 ounce ruby red grapefruit juice
Lychee fruit, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodka, Amarula, and juices. Fill with ice.
Garnish with a lychee fruit on the rim. Serve and enjoy.
- If you cannot find lychee juice, you can substitute a lychee liqueur for it, the drink will be just a touch sweeter.
- This drink is best when served in a well-chilled glass. If you forget to chill it ahead of time, simply place a few ice cubes in the empty glass while you're mixing the drink, then dump them prior to straining.
- To ramp up the freshness of the drink, use fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice. A single grapefruit will yield 5 or 6 ounces, more than enough for a few drinks.
- The lychee fruit used for the garnish can often be found whole in international food markets.
- You can also look for the canned variety, which has the outer shell removed. These don't look the best on their own, but there are fun garnish possibilities when skewered and stuffed with fruit purees or jams.
- A simple citrus twist will make a fine garnish as well.
- Feel free to pour an unflavored vodka into this cocktail. You can also choose any singularly focused citrus fruit infusion, such as lemon, orange, or grapefruit. Make sure to choose a premium vodka for the best tasting drink.
- If you cannot find Amarula Cream, try this recipe with Irish cream. Better yet, pick up a strawberry cream liqueur (many Irish cream brands produce one as well).
How Strong Is an Amarula & Eve?
Amarula Cream is bottled at a mild 34 proof. Since it makes up most of the cocktail's volume, the drink is also rather gentle. You can expect its alcohol content to come in around 7 percent ABV (14 proof), so it's like drinking a strong beer, only far more delicious!