Let your kids pick the dippers for this child-friendly American cheese fondue recipe. If they're really picky, leave out the ground mustard and Worcestershire sauce, but, if you can get away with it, those ingredients do add a nice tang to the finished dish.
- 1-1/2 cups diced processed American cheese food
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby or cheddar cheese
- Mix American cheese food, milk, Worcestershire sauce, flour and mustard in a fondue pot.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until blended and smooth. Stir in Colby cheese.
- Serve American Cheese Fondue immediately with apples, pears, french bread cubes, and heated meatballs for dipping.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|