|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 109g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 24g||87%|
|Total Sugars 51g|
|Vitamin C 439mg||2,195%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Fresh blueberries and sweet Bing cherries transform the popular Tom Collins into a delightful new cocktail. The American Collins recipe is easy to mix up and features a wonderful gin. It even has a bit of a patriotic theme, so it's perfect for holiday weekends when you have a few guests over for a cookout.
This recipe comes from Bombay Sapphire Gin, which is a favorite for many drinkers to pour into the Tom Collins anyway. Adding fruit to the mix sweetens up the drink while retaining that perfectly refreshing profile that makes all the collins drinks great.
Gather the ingredients.
Add the gin and fill the glass with ice. Stir briefly.
Top with club soda.
Garnish with a lemon wheel and cherry. Serve and enjoy.
- Bing cherries are known as one of the sweetest varieties of the fruit. It's a great choice for any cocktail and pairs especially well with the sweet-tart taste of blueberries. You can, however, use any cherry you have on hand.
- If cherries are out of season, use high-quality jarred maraschino or "cocktail" cherries instead. Avoid the neon red maraschinos because they're artificially dyed and flavored and will ruin an otherwise great drink.
- Since this cocktail features fresh fruits, you'll find it best to use fresh-squeezed lemon juice. The average lemon yields about 1 3/4 ounces, so one fruit is enough for a few cocktails.
- Take a cue from other collins cocktails and pour rum, tequila, vodka, or whiskey instead of the gin in this recipe.
- Switch from club soda to another lightly flavored soda if you like. Ginger ale and citrus sodas are excellent alternatives that will create a slightly sweeter drink.
- Raspberries make an amazing collins drink as well. Add a few to the muddle, substitute them for the blueberries, or simply mix the drink up with raspberries alone.
- Another way to add extra flavor to this drink is with a flavored simple syrup. It could be another berry (e.g., raspberry, strawberry) or an herbal syrup like basil, lavender, or rosemary.