Amethyst Ganaway is a freelance writer covering food for The Spruce Eats. She has experience in restaurant, editorial, and brand recipe development, catering, and food writing.
- Amethyst has written for The Spruce Eats since September 2020.
- Her work has been published in Eater, Food and Wine, Plate Magazine, Serious Eats, and The Post and Courier.
- Amethyst has a BA from the University of South Carolina and over a decade of experience in the food and beverage industry.
For over a decade, Amethyst has been making her way through the food and beverage industry. While earning her BA at the University of South Carolina, the North Charleston native began her career in restaurants as a server and cashier. After various corporate and fine dining management positions, Amethyst's resume now includes restaurant, editorial, and brand recipe development, catering, and food writing. In 2020, she was awarded the Les Dames International Legacy Culinary Award and awaits an internship with America's Test Kitchen.
Amethyst has a BA from the University of South Carolina.
- Restaurants Must Use This Moment to Change, Too, Eater
- Black Communities Have Always Used Food as Protest, Food & Wine
- Clyburn’s annual fish fry one of many Lowcountry communal meals vexed by social distancing, The Post and Courier
The Spruce Eats Product Review Editorial Guidelines & Mission
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.