Amethyst Ganaway is a freelance writer covering food for The Spruce Eats. She has experience in restaurant, editorial, and brand recipe development, catering, and food writing.
- Amethyst has written for The Spruce Eats since September 2020.
- Her work has been published in Eater, Food and Wine, Plate Magazine, Serious Eats, and The Post and Courier.
- Amethyst has a BA from the University of South Carolina and over a decade of experience in the food and beverage industry.
For over a decade, Amethyst has been making her way through the food and beverage industry. While earning her BA at the University of South Carolina, the North Charleston native began her career in restaurants as a server and cashier. After various corporate and fine dining management positions, Amethyst's resume now includes restaurant, editorial, and brand recipe development, catering, and food writing. In 2020, she was awarded the Les Dames International Legacy Culinary Award and awaits an internship with America's Test Kitchen.
Amethyst has a BA from the University of South Carolina.
- Restaurants Must Use This Moment to Change, Too, Eater
- Black Communities Have Always Used Food as Protest, Food & Wine
- Clyburn’s annual fish fry one of many Lowcountry communal meals vexed by social distancing, The Post and Courier
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.