- Freelance food writer and author of three cookbooks
- Personal chef and worked at a three-star restaurant
- Recipe developer and ghostwriter for cookbooks and food publications
- Editor for culinary magazines
Andrea Lynn is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for one year. As a freelance writer and recipe developer, her articles and recipes have appeared in print and online for numerous publications. After a stint working at a New York Times three-star restaurant, she transitioned into cooking as a personal chef. She has worked as senior editor for Chile Pepper magazine and edited recipes for Art Culinaire. She was raised in Alabama and says she is obsessed with soul food.
Andrea Lynn has a Bachelor of Arts in English/Creative Writing from Agnes Scott College, in addition to a culinary degree from the Institute of Culinary Education.Awards and Publications
Andrea Lynn has contributed articles and recipes to:
- "The I Love Trader Joe's College Cookbook"
- "The Artisan Soda Workshop"
- "Fresh and Healthy DASH Diet Cooking"
- "Queens: A Culinary Passport: Exploring Ethnic Cuisine in New York City's Most Diverse Borough"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.