Angelica has written for The Spruce Eats since March 2019.
- She's a native Houstonian who has written and edited a number of publications, including DGO Mag.
- Houston Press, and Dallas Observer.
- She specializes in long form narrative and reviews.
Angelica has worked as a writer and editor for a number of publications over the last ten years. She's written for The Spruce Eats since March 2019 and currently works as editor of DGO Mag in Durango, Colorado. She started her career at the Houston Press as music listings editor and spent years reviewing artists like Elton John, Cher, and Imagine Dragons before ultimately taking the plunge into news writing. She later worked as web editor for the Dallas Observer, and has written and edited for Planet Jackson Hole, Kearney Hub, Hype Houston, and Dank Slate, among others.
When she’s not writing or cleaning up other writers’ work, Angelica spends too much time trying to figure out how to cook and paint. She’s getting better at both, but is still a work in progress, unless it involves dessert. Dessert she conquers like a pro.
Angelica earned a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of Houston Downtown and a B.A. in English Literature and Mexican American Studies at the University of Houston Main campus.
Awards and Publications:
- 1st place, opinion - Lone Star Awards, “That Poverty Article is Totally Ridiculous”
- 1st place, news writing - “The Hidden Dangers of Factory Farming”
- 1st place, special sections, multiple publication dates - Nebraska Press Association, “UNK
- 1st place, youth coverage - Nebraska Press Association
- 3rd place, social media - Nebraska Press Association, “Great American Eclipse"
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.