Toasted anise seeds flavor these easy brown sugar butter cookies and make them look extra-special.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3 eggs
- 4 drops anise oil (or 1 teaspoon anise seeds)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- Garnish: toasted anise seeds for sprinkling
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in the anise oil and then add the flour, blending thoroughly.
- Drop the cookie dough from teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet; sprinkle with the toasted anise seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. The tops of the cookies will be pale, but bottoms will be golden brown.
- Keep them in an airtight container for several days before eating. Makes about 48 cookies.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|