Annelies is a cookbook author who specializes in food, culture, and arts, covering food for The Spruce Eats.
- Annelies has written for The Spruce Eats since 2020.
- Her work has appeared in PASTE, Edible East Bay, the Kitchn, and San Francisco Classical Voice.
- Annelies holds an MFA in poetry from New England College and a BA in Journalism from Southern Methodist University.
Annelies Zijderveld writes about food, culture, and the arts. She authored the cookbook, Steeped: Recipes Infused with Tea and teaches cooking classes in the Bay Area and on Zoom. Find her online at anneliesz.com.
Annelies holds an MFA in poetry from New England College and a BA in Journalism from Southern Methodist University.
- Dine-and-Date: 6 Casual Oakland Date Spots, PASTE
- I'm a Biscuit Geek, and These Epic Biscuits Are by Far the Best, The Kitchn
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.