Annelies is a cookbook author who specializes in food, culture, and arts, covering food for The Spruce Eats.
- Annelies has written for The Spruce Eats since 2020.
- Her work has appeared in PASTE, Edible East Bay, the Kitchn, and San Francisco Classical Voice.
- Annelies holds an MFA in poetry from New England College and a BA in Journalism from Southern Methodist University.
Annelies Zijderveld writes about food, culture, and the arts. She authored the cookbook, Steeped: Recipes Infused with Tea and teaches cooking classes in the Bay Area and on Zoom. Find her online at anneliesz.com.
Annelies holds an MFA in poetry from New England College and a BA in Journalism from Southern Methodist University.
- Dine-and-Date: 6 Casual Oakland Date Spots, PASTE
- The Art of the Pivot: Local Music Organizations Cope With COVID-19, San Francisco Classical Voice
- I'm a Biscuit Geek, and These Epic Biscuits Are by Far the Best, The Kitchn
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.