Annie is a word-obsessed writer and editor living in Portland, Oregon. She grew up immersed in cooking and food, and loves to write about it as a result.
- She went on to get a B.A. in English and dedicate her career to words.
- She now lives in Portland, Oregon and does all manner of freelance writing and editing, though a high percentage of her articles are about food, restaurants, and eating.
- She's previously written for a variety of publications, including Eater, Taffeta, and the forthcoming "Llewellyn's 2021 Herbal Almanac," featuring a tasty article with lots of sandwich recipes.
- She has also worked as a book editor, magazine editor, and social media manager.
- Besides writing, she also currently does community inclusion and direct support work with disabled adults, another lifelong passion.
Annie grew up with a family of food-obsessed individuals, including a stepmom with a culinary degree who eventually opened two from-scratch bakeries. Cooking and food conversations were a part of their daily routine and eventually, they'd go on to start a nine-year weekly sandwich night tradition. She was never the impressive chef of the family, but always loved talking food.
Annie received a B.A. in English and creative writing from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.