Annie is a word-obsessed writer and editor living in Portland, Oregon. She grew up immersed in cooking and food, and loves to write about it as a result.
- She went on to get a B.A. in English and dedicate her career to words.
- She now lives in Portland, Oregon and does all manner of freelance writing and editing, though a high percentage of her articles are about food, restaurants, and eating.
- She's previously written for a variety of publications, including Eater, Taffeta, and the forthcoming "Llewellyn's 2021 Herbal Almanac," featuring a tasty article with lots of sandwich recipes.
- She has also worked as a book editor, magazine editor, and social media manager.
- Besides writing, she also currently does community inclusion and direct support work with disabled adults, another lifelong passion.
Annie grew up with a family of food-obsessed individuals, including a stepmom with a culinary degree who eventually opened two from-scratch bakeries. Cooking and food conversations were a part of their daily routine and eventually, they'd go on to start a nine-year weekly sandwich night tradition. She was never the impressive chef of the family, but always loved talking food.
Annie received a B.A. in English and creative writing from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.