Apple juice, brown sugar, and mustard make this corned beef taste great, and the slow cooker makes it tender and easy.
- 1 corned beef brisket, about 4 pounds
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 to 8 small to medium red potatoes, cut in half or quarters
- 2 to 3 medium carrots, pared and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut into chunks
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker (cut meat in half if necessary). Stir gently to mix.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove meat and vegetables and some of the cooking liquid.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain. Serve with vegetables and some of the cooking liquid.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|