These thick pork chops are stuffed with a mixture of bread crumbs, diced apple, raisins, and Cheddar. Serve the chops with a salad and baked potatoes for a tasty, appetizing meal.
- 6 pork chops, bone-in, at least 1 1/4 inches thick (about 4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups bread cubes, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Carefully cut a pocket into each pork chop by slicing into the chop towards the bone. Lightly sprinkle the inside of the pockets with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl toss together the bread cubes, chopped apple, shredded cheese, and raisins.
- In a cup, combine melted butter, juice, salt, and cinnamon. Pour over bread mixture and gently stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stuff pork chops lightly with the bread and apple mixture.
- Place the chops in a shallow baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes. Cover the baking dish with foil and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and thoroughly cooked.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||53 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|