This combination of apple jelly, mustard and honey creates a fantastic glaze for chicken, as well as pork. Keep as much of this thick marinade on the chicken as possible. This recipe is also great for the smoker.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground nutmeg
1. Place chicken breasts into a zip-top plastic bag. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Seal bag and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag. Allow the chicken to cook for 10 minutes, turn, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. When juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink in the middle, remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||70 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|