Serve this tasty apple chutney alongside pork chops or baked ham.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups apple (tart, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup apple cider (or juice)
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan; add apple, brown sugar, raisins, cranberries, pecans, spices, and juices.
- Cook over medium heat until apple is tender, dried fruits are softened, and cider has boiled away.
- If necessary, add a little more apple cider to keep the mixture from scorching.
- Serve warm or chilled with ham or pork.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|