This apple cider dessert sauce is wonderful on bread pudding and takes 15 minutes to make.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup raisins
- dash nutmeg
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar and flour, blending well.
- Gradually stir the brown sugar mixture into the butter.
- Add the cider to the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add the raisins and nutmeg.
- Serve warm with bread pudding, pound cake, or other dessert.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|