Apple Cinnamon Muffins are a great way to incorporate all of the food groups into an on-the-go breakfast. These muffins are filled with delicious, farm fresh apples, cinnamon, and are topped with a sweet glaze. They are a perfect way to fill you up on a fall morning. Pair these muffins with a cup of pumpkin spice latte and sit back and enjoy yourself!
They require minimal ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand and are super quick to mix together. They are like having apple pie in muffin form! You only need one bowl to mix them together, a few cupcakes liners, and a muffin pan!
This muffin recipe is basedoff of Nigella Lawson's muffin recipe. They come out perfectly moist, just sweet enough, and full of flavor. The sour cream helps make the texture amazing. You can also use buttermilk in replacement of the milk and sour cream. The sourness somehow makes the texture perfect!
Muffins are a beautiful way to start your day! They are easy to take on the go, are mess free, and will make anyone in your house have a huge smile on their face!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 medium apples (peeled, cored, and diced)
- For the Glaze:
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Make sure to let the butter cool slightly after you have melted it. Combine it with the sour cream, whole milk, chopped apples, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and egg in a measuring cup. Beat until completely combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir until it is combined.
- Gently fold in the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Be really careful to not over mix. Just make sure there aren't any dry ingredients left in the bowl.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or rubber spatula to scoop the batter into the paper lined muffin tins, fill to about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While they are baking, combine the ingredients for the glaze. Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle them with the glaze and serve!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|