We used a mixture of large golden delicious apples and Granny Smith apples, and five apples was more than enough.
This delicious crisp is the perfect dessert for a crisp fall day. A little ground cinnamon spices the topping, and pecans add crunch.
- For the Filling:
- 6 tart apples (peeled, cored, and thinly sliced; 5 if the apples are large)
- 1 1/4 cups cranberries (chopped; about 1 1/2 cups whole cranberries)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (quick or regular)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter (cold and cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Combine the sliced apples, cranberries, and 2/3 cup of granulated sugar; turn into a lightly buttered 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Cut in cold butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over fruit and press down lightly.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is browned and fruit is tender and bubbly.
- Serve with a generous spoonful of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|