|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 74g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||28%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We used a mixture of large golden delicious apples and Granny Smith apples, and five apples were more than enough.
This delicious crisp is the perfect dessert for a crisp fall day. A little ground cinnamon spices the topping, and pecans add crunch.
- For the Filling:
- 6 tart apples (peeled, cored, and thinly sliced; 5 if the apples are large)
- 1 1/4 cups cranberries (chopped; about 1 1/2 cups whole cranberries)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (quick or regular)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter (cold and cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
Heat the oven to 375 F.
Combine the sliced apples, cranberries, and 2/3 cup of granulated sugar; turn into a lightly buttered 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over fruit and press down lightly.
Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is browned and fruit is tender and bubbly.
Serve with a generous spoonful of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.