The apple crisp cocktail is designed to replicate the delicious taste of apple crisp in a glass. It does a fair job of it, too. The only thing it's really missing is the oat topping and ice cream, though you could certainly serve a scoop of vanilla alongside this drink for a dessert pairing that completes the experience.
This recipe is courtesy of UV Vodka and features their sweet cake-flavored vodka. That is paired with a spiced whiskey from Revel Stoke and the duo is accented with maple and apple. The result is a spicy, sweet dessert cocktail that is balanced and not too sugary, making it an ideal comfort cocktail for chilly autumn days.
Gather the ingredients.
Serve and enjoy!
- Nearly any dessert-flavored vodka can be used as a substitute for UV Cake. A number of vodka brands produce cake vodkas and you can also switch to a whipped cream vodka if you like.
- Revel Stoke is a relatively easy spiced whiskey to find and the brand produces other flavored whiskeys you might want to try.
- There are other spiced whiskeys on the market, too. Look for Jack Daniel's Winter Jack or the spiced whiskey from brands like Wild Turkey, Seagram's, and J.P. Wiser (they might only appear during the autumn and winter seasons). For smaller producers, seek out Bird Dog Spiced Whiskey or Breckenridge Spiced Whiskey.
- Have fun garnishing this cocktail beyond the recommended cinnamon. Float a dried apple slice on top, rim the glass with cinnamon sugar before pouring the drink, or simply rest a cinnamon stick in the glass. If you want to give it an "oat" crust, crush oatmeal with sugar and use that to coat the rim.
- The apple crisp is a great drink to serve on the rocks. Strain it into an old-fashioned glass over fresh ice.
- You could even heat this drink up and enjoy a unique hot apple toddy. Switch from juice to apple cider and warm it up, then build the drink in a mug or Irish coffee glass.
How Strong Is an Apple Crisp Cocktail?
UV Cake is bottled at a mild 60 proof, but Revel Stoke is a bold 90 proof, so the two spirits offset each other when it comes to estimating the cocktail's strength. When mixed up, you can expect the apple crisp to fall in the 15 percent ABV (30 proof) range. That's pretty casual for a cocktail, which is why this is a delight for happy hour and other times when you don't want to overdo it on the alcohol.