You'll enjoy this wonderful apple crisp. Feel free to double this apple crisp recipe and bake it in an 8-inch square baking pan or baking dish for four. Or scale it up even more for a larger baking dish and a crowd. The apples and topping mixture can also be divided among ramekins for single-serve portions. Adjust the baking time accordingly when using a smaller or larger pan.
- 2 cups apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats (or old-fashioned rolled oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- Place apples in a buttered 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and softened butter.
- Mix until crumbly; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F for about 30 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is nicely browned. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|