|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 73g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This delicious baked apple crunch dessert is a simple recipe made with fresh apples and a delicious topping. The topping forms a cake-like layer with a browned, crisp top. The dessert does have some crunch with the topping, but it is more of a cobbler than a crisp or crumble.
The apple crunch one in the picture was made following this recipe exactly.
Serve this apple dessert warm with a scoop of ice cream or drizzle some cream over the top. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top, if you like.
- 4 to 6 medium apples (4 cups chopped; Granny Smith, Braeburn, and Cortland are good choices)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter (cut in small pieces)
- For the Topping:
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Peel and core the apples. Chop them into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a bowl mix the chopped apples with 1 cup of sugar and the cinnamon; transfer to the prepared baking dish. Dot with the small pieces of butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg. In another bowl combine the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, and baking powder; blend thoroughly. Add the flour mixture to the beaten egg along with the melted butter. Stir until well blended.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon the topping batter evenly over the apple filling.
- Bake the apple crunch in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is browned.