This apple dump cake looks like a cake but tastes like an apple pie. You can never eat too many apples in the fall or any time of year for that matter.
- 5 medium apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (lightly toasted)
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1 (18-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
In the pan, mix apples and nuts with 2 teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
Spread evenly in the pan and cover with apple cider.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over apple mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
Pour melted butter over top.
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Serve and enjoy!
- It doesn't taste quite as good, but to make it easier you may substitute 2 cans of pie filling for apples, water, and sugar. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread in pan and complete as above.