This baked apple pancake is a great way to make a fuss-free pancake breakfast. Serve this delicious pancake with your favorite syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk, whole or 2%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 425°. Put a cast iron or oven-proof 9- or 10-inch skillet in the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the apple slices with brown sugar and cinnamon; toss gently to coat well.
- In another bowl, mix flour with salt. In a large cup or small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Carefully take the hot cast iron pan from the oven, set it on a cooling rack, and add remaining butter; swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange apple slices over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour batter over apple slices.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned.
- Serve with syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|