- 1 3/4 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups apple (6 to 7 cooking apples, golden delicious, Jonathan, etc., peeled, cored, sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup light cream or whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup biscuit mix, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and vinegar and water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Set aside to cool.
- Place apples in a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle apples evenly with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix with the light cream to make a soft dough.
- Drop over the sliced apples.
- Sprinkle with the granulated sugar and more cinnamon.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the top.
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve hot with cream or ice cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|