These muffins are full of flavor! Apples, coconut, and chopped pecans go into the lightly spiced batter in this recipe. An excellent breakfast food to fill you with energy or a delicious dessert service with some vanilla ice-cream, this recipe is highly flexible.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 7 ounces, spoon and sweep
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt ,and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and oil. Stir in chopped apples, pecans, and coconut.
- Stir apple and egg mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased and floured muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to a rack.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|