|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 2 to 3|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||43%|
|Total Carbohydrate 55g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||33%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Busy weeknights don't have to mean lackluster dinners -- a single sheet pan proves the ultimate time- saving, cleanup-sparing meal prep hack. The beauty of this meal is that you don't have to do much besides mix up a quick marinade, arrange the chicken and potatoes on the pan, and slide it into the oven to roast. About 10 minutes before the meal is ready, you'll add some broccoli to the same pan, return it to the oven, and get ready for a great meal. Try this technique with other favorite proteins and veggies that have similar cooking times, and you'll find all sorts of possibilities for no-fuss one-pan meals.
Tip: This recipe is ideal for Passover, when many people are working with fewer kitchen supplies than usual. And during a holiday when so much needs to be made from scratch it's nice to give yourself a break with an easy (and naturally chametz-free!) one-pan meal.
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 large lime)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed, and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch kosher or sea salt (optional)
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound baby or new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 medium head broccoli, trimmed and cut into stalks
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with heavy-duty foil. In a small bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and salt (if using).
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the prepared sheet pan. Rinse and pat dry the chicken and place in the center of the sheet pan. Pour the apricot-lime mixture over the chicken and turn to coat. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken. Drizzle the potatoes with a little olive oil.
- Slide the sheet pan into the preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes. Baste the chicken with the pan juices. Arrange the broccoli stalks around the chicken, interspersed with the potatoes. Drizzle the broccoli with a little olive oil, and spoon some of the pan juices over the stalks.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes more, or until the broccoli is crisp tender and beginning to caramelize, the potatoes are tender, and the chicken is opaque, the juices run clear, and an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest piece reads 165° F.
- Carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven. Serve the chicken and vegetables with the pan juices.