This apricot marinade adds a delicious fruity flavor to pork without being overly sweet. It can also be converted into a sauce by doubling the recipe.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL apricot preserves (pureed)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL soy sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lemon juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL sherry
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL oil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ginger (ground)
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Marinate pork chops in a resealable bag for 3 to 4 hours. Mixture will keep for up to 5 days if stored in refrigerator.
2. If interested in making a marinade and a sauce, then simply double the ingredients in the recipe. Use half as the marinade and place the remaining half in a saucepan. Simmer mixture for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring often. Once the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Baste pork ribs or roasts with sauce, or serve on the side.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|