Tired of the same old pasta salad? Try this artichoke and tortellini version for a great change of pace.
- 1 package/8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 package/8 ounces spinach tortellini
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (kosher, or to taste)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans/20 ounces artichoke hearts (drained and quartered)
- 1 medium red bell pepper ( cored and diced)
- 1 bunch basil (leaves chopped)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain again.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed pepper flakes. Add the tortellini to the bowl along with the artichokes, bell pepper and basil and mix thoroughly.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
To serve, toss the mixture and taste and adjust the seasoning.
Recipe Notes and Tips
• You can substitute 1 pound of any small frozen or fresh tortellini, but dry works best for this salad.
• The salad can be stored airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|