|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Total Carbohydrate 56g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A tasty chicken recipe with rice, mushrooms, and chicken breasts, along with quartered artichokes and cheese.
Rice tends to get mushy so cook it before adding it to the cooked chicken and artichoke mixture. Or, serve the chicken mixture over the hot cooked rice. Cook the rice in low sodium or unsalted chicken broth for extra chicken flavor.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt (kosher)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (or pimiento, chopped)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 can cream of celery soup (low fat)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can artichokes (quartered and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups rice (uncooked)
- unsalted chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth (for cooking the rice according to package instructions)
Gather the ingredients.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
Combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika.
Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and then brown it on all sides in the hot oil.
Transfer chicken to the slow cooker.
In the hot skillet, saute bell pepper, green onions, and mushrooms for about 2 minutes; add the 1/2 cup of chicken broth and soup.
Stir to blend thoroughly and then pour over chicken.
Stir in the artichoke quarters.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Cook the rice in chicken broth following the package directions and serve with the chicken and artichokes.