This recipe combines classic American ingredients with a few traditional Asian flavors, such as fresh ginger, soy sauce, and rice vinegar, for a great all-purpose barbecue sauce.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon ginger (fresh and grated)
- 1/2 cup green onions (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Whisk together the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, green onions, cayenne, soy sauce and sesame oil in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature. Use as a basting sauce towards the end of cooking, or brushed on after barbecuing, with additional sauce served on the side.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|