|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This Asian vinaigrette is made with rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and fresh ginger.
For this dressing recipe, you want to use pure sesame oil. There are blends out there because pure sesame oil will smoke at very low temperatures, so it isn't good for cooking. The blends are mostly vegetable oil with a little bit of sesame oil added.
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup salad oil (see note)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 clove garlic (crushed)
- Dash of Sriracha chili sauce (i.e. "Rooster" sauce)
- Black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
Place all the ingredients in a glass or stainless steel bowl and whisk them together thoroughly, or mix the ingredients in a blender for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
Transfer to a glass bowl and let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
Note: Any oil labeled "vegetable oil" or "salad oil" is fine for this basic recipe. You can also use any light, neutral-flavored oil like safflower, canola or soybean oil.