|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 55g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This vegetarian and vegan asparagus pasta salad with tomatoes, fresh parsley and tossed in a quick and easy balsamic vinaigrette dressing is perfect for when fresh asparagus is in season.
- 2 cups pasta (bowtie, shell or macaroni; cooked)
- 1/2 pound asparagus (diced)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 3 carrots (diced)
- Optional: 1 yellow bell pepper (diced)
Gather the ingredients.
Blanch or steam the asparagus, carrots and bell pepper separately in a bit of water just until cooked. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, pasta and parsley.
In a small bowl or blender, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, basil and and salt and pepper. Pour this dressing over the pasta, stirring well to coat.
Chill before serving, if desired.