This vegetarian and vegan asparagus pasta salad with tomatoes, fresh parsley and tossed in a quick and easy balsamic vinaigrette dressing is perfect for when fresh asparagus is in season.
- 2 cups pasta (bowtie, shell or macaroni; cooked)
- 1/2 lb asparagus (diced)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 3 carrots (diced)
- Optional: 1 yellow bell pepper (diced)
- Blanch or steam the asparagus, carrots and bell pepper separately in a bit of water just until cooked. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, pasta and parsley.
- In a small bowl or blender, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, basil and and salt and pepper. Pour this dressing over the pasta, stirring well to coat.
- Chill before serving, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|