This Asparagus recipe is a delicious treat for bacon lovers. Red onions, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper combine to add a depth of flavor to fresh asparagus.
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, sliced in 2- to 3-inch lengths
- 1 scant teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- If desired, remove some of the grease from the pan, leaving a tablespoon or two. Add onion and asparagus to the grease left in the pan and saute over medium-low heat until asparagus is just tender.
- Transfer the asparagus and onion to a serving bowl. Add the bacon and toss with the mustard and vinegar. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
More Asparagus Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|