Bacon and eggs are a favorite weekend breakfast the world over. The Australian version of this breakfast comes with the standard eggs, bacon and/or sausages.
The difference is a serving of baked beans. Baked Beans are canned haricot beans that come in a sweetened tomato sauce. Using canned beans makes this recipe all that easier to make, especially for a relaxing weekend breakfast.
- 4 large eggs
- 6 strips bacon (smoked)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the baked beans in a medium pot over a moderate heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and gently simmer.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until desired crispness and then drain on paper towels.
- Fry the eggs last in the same pan used to fry the bacon.
- Toast the bread and spread on the butter. Place the eggs on top of the toast and add the bacon and a side of baked beans.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||20 g|