A reader submitted this delicious recipe for the traditional Australian method for grilling shrimp. Quite simple and perfect for just about any occasion. Serve with grill vegetables or your favorite side dishes.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, and cilantro, minced)
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL lemon juice (fresh)
- 3 large garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL shallot (minced)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds/700 kg large shrimp (peeled with tails intact, and deveined)
- Garnish: spinach leaves
- Garnish: lemon slices
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Mix in shrimp. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. Prepare barbecue with medium hot coals. Thread shrimp on narrow skewers. Grill until just opaque (or pink in color and firm to touch), about 2 minutes per side.
3. Line platter with spinach. Arrange skewers on platter. Garnish with lemon and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1,769 g|
|Saturated Fat||521 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||374 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|