This is a great-tasting pumpkin pie, spiced to perfection with ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. Serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a little cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar.
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)
- whipped cream or whipped topping, for garnish
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add eggs; mix well. Add evaporated milk, water, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin filling mixture into the pastry-lined pie pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 F and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until center is set.
- Serve this delicious pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|