This savory breakfast grilled cheese pairs nutty gouda with creamy avocado, a perfectly cooked medium boiled egg, and some spicy Sriracha hot sauce all grilled between two buttery slices of wholegrain bread. And best of all - this breakfast sandwich is perfect to eat on the run!
- 2-3 ounces gouda cheese
- 1 medium boiled egg
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (or more!)
- 2 pats salted butter
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- Before you begin, you'll want to have a perfectly cooked medium boiled egg. If you have no idea how to do that, no sweat - it's easy! Just place 1 egg in boiling water, lower the heat to medium, and then cook for 8 minutes. Shock the egg in ice water and then peel immediately. The yolk will be just slightly runny in the middle while the outside is firm to the touch.
- Now that your egg is prepared, layer 1 piece of bread with half of the gouda cheese, the entire sliced avocado, the entire crumbled egg, a drizzle of Sriracha, the remaining cheese and then the other piece of bread. Butter both sides of the sandwich and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet or panini press, place buttered sandwich in and cook until the exterior is crispy and golden and the interior is melty and irresistable. Allow to sit for a few minutes to firm up and then serve. Don't forget to share!