Avocado toast is definitely a buzzfood these days. Sure, there's already hundreds of awesome variations out there all over the on the internet, but this one is my all time favorite. Toasted sourdough, creamy avocado, a rich soft boiled egg, spicy sriracha mayo, crisp slices of fresh radish, and bright ribbons of curled scallion come together to make this toast incredibly tasty and totally delicious.
- 2 slices bread (sourdough)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 radish
- 2 scallions
- 1 tbsp mayo
- Begin by preparing the egg. Let the water come to a low boil and add gently the egg in. Let it cook in the low boil for 7 minutes exactly or until the egg's center gets to the consistency that you're into.
- Once it's cooked, shock it in cold water and peal away the shell. Set aside.
- Now prepare the curled scallions and radish. Cut the radish into disks and place in water. For the curled scallions cut the herbs length-wise into super thin strips. Prepare an ice bath and add the scallions to the water. Let sit in the water until they begin to curl up. Dry before putting them onto the sandwich
- Next mix the Sriracha into the mayo and set aside.
- Now that all the components are prepped, it's time to build the toast. Toast 2 slices of bread and then mash half of the avocado onto each slice of toasted sourdough.
- Add a drizzle of the Sriracha mayo and some of the radish slices. Next pile the curled scallions in the middle and top with half of the soft boiled egg. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|